Natural Remedies for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic and non-contagious skin disease. Causes of this disease are many which include seasonal changes of weather, dirt, various skin lesions, genetic factor and very often occurs and due to weakened immunity. For this reason, treatment of psoriasis naturally can have very positive effects.These are some of the natural remedies for external application:
- Sea water – Swimming in the sea or treating affected areas of the skin with seawater may be one of the useful natural remedies.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective natural anti-psoriasis because it regulates the pH value of the skin. This requires hold the lining of apple vinegar on the diseased areas for 30 minutes.
- Cabbage – Fresh leaves of cabbage in the form of compresses also helps to relieve unpleasant symptoms of psoriasis. Before you can use as a compress cabbage leaves need a little squeeze down to start firing juices and over them one can wrap a thin cloth or gauze.
- Banana – banana peel also has a beneficial effect if coated places on the skin affected by psoriasis.
- Aloe Vera – This herb has positive results in the treatment of many skin diseases so that this also includes the treatment of psoriasis. In the absence of fresh plants is recommended to use Aloe Vera oil, cream or gel.
- Flaxseed oil – Regular treatment of diseased areas with flax oil is another useful natural remedy for psoriasis.
- Various vegetables – Easily available vegetables such as pumpkin, cucumber, carrot, in the form of coatings, can also provide positive results in the treatment of skin diseases.
- Sun – One of the oldest natural remedies for psoriasis is heliotherapy (exposure to sunlight).
- Ultraviolet rays – Selective phototherapy that uses ultraviolet rays of specific wavelength (UVB about 315 nm).
Patients are usually advised to pay attention to nutrition. That’s why we enumerate which foods are desirable and which undesirable during battles against psoriasis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – especially fish (mackerel, sardines, salmon, tuna, herring, trout), then walnuts, flax, soybeans, peas, pumpkin, olive oil.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: low fat foods rich in vitamin A (essential for healthy skin), such as carrots and apricots.
- Foods rich in antioxidants: Cranberry, blueberry, apple, raspberry, chokeberry, broccoli …
- Foods rich in zinc: crabs, shellfish, brewer’s yeast, whole grains …
- Sesame – In the fight against psoriasis good will come sesame seeds, which were previously (a few hours) dipped in yogurt or water. This mixture need to consume in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Fatty food – pork and all red meat, full-fat dairy products, milk chocolate, and similar foods can lead to a deterioration of conditions in patients with psoriasis.
- Spices – How to use spice almost always need to be cautious so in this case does not recommend overly spicy food.
- Carbonated and alcoholic beverages – With regard to these types of beverages with many health problems classified as undesirable, it is similar when it comes to the treatment of psoriasis.
- Citrus fruits: lemon, orange, mandarin …
Note: Since it is known that the flow of psoriasis treatment is often unpredictable and very painstaking work, the use of natural medicines should be counted for a longer period of time and perseverance.