You should not do that before sex – you will go to threaten the health!
– This is an advice that you have heard about many times, is probably not correct, and even can be counted.
More women have heard that they should empty the bladder before sexual relation to reduce the risk of development of the infections of the urinary tract.
But, judging by everything, according to urologists, this is actually the opposite of what we should do.
David Kaufman, a urologist, said that urinating before sex is one of the biggest mistake that need to be explained to the female patients.
Going in the toilet before sex is under a huge “NO”, but urinating after sex is very important.
During sex, the bacteria from the vagina may go to the urethra. Urinating may move the bacteria, but if you do not need to go into the toilet immediately after sex, the bacteria may be on the way to the bladder and to develop an infection.
How to prevent infection?
The use of the diaphragm as contraceptive can increase the risk of getting the infection, because it can push the bladder and to prevent its emptying in completeness. However if you use it, you may think of any other method of contraception.
Some lubricants that are found in the condom, can lead to irritation also, which can lead to infections. If you think that this is the case, try to use condoms without lubricants.
– Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and to help the bacteria to be eliminated through the urinary tract.
– Go to the toilette as soon as you feel you need to urinate, better than to retain urine.
– Brush from the front to the back.
– Keep good hygiene and wash the genitals daily, as well as before and after sex.
– Empty the bladder after sex.